Sunday, April 5, 2009

over a week



A week and two days into this parenting thing and so far, so good. We had the first baby doctor appointment last Thursday and baby is doing great. She's back up to her birthweight, her lungs sounded great, she even demonstrated her strengthening digestive system by pooping all over the nurse. That made me feel better on the breastfeeding front. Good enough, even, to stop waking her up every couple of hours to eat. It was resulting in these weirdo spells of being awake for two or three hours in the middle of the night. Last night I just let her tell me when she was hungry - about every 3 or 4 hours, but she ate a lot more and went right back to sleep afterwards. Hopefully it wasn't just a fluke - I guess we'll see what happens tonight.

Mike goes back to work tomorrow. I think I'm ok with that (seeing as I made him stay home for three extra days). He's a little sad, I think, but what can you do? I can't believe how fast my leave is going already - I can't think about going back to work yet, it makes me a little sick, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I actually get two extra weeks of disability pay because of the c-section but I'm not sure if I should take it. I'm leaning towards it, because, why not? It's not like I'll be in the loop at all by then anyway so what's a couple more weeks if I'm getting paid for it? That would put us into mid-June and then I'm trying to orchestrate some grandma daycare (a week with my mom, maybe a week with Mike's mom if she wants to come stay). Something about hitting the three-month mark gives me some sense of security, however false it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio