Thursday, May 14, 2009

whirlwind

Man, busy times. My sister left this morning. She was great to have around - she stayed here one night and even did the 4am bottle. It was fantastic. She's pretty bummed she might not see the baby again until Christmas - I know how that feels. We didn't see our niece from July to Christmas last year and we were like 'huh, where did the baby go?'. I'll have to send her lots of pictures. Anyway, the week was good - just lots of hanging out. My sister gave me a mother's day card with a coupon for a free night of babysitting and cash to go out to dinner, so Tuesday night Mike and I went up to Deadwood and had a few cocktails and dinner. It was good to have some time to just talk - it's amazing how little of that you get time to do after having a baby. I see why people say to make time for your relationship.

Today the baby and I are just chillin'. She's been sleeping a lot, I think having people around kept her awake more than usual and she's making up for it. She's a pretty social little thing - if we're at a family thing she definitely likes to be part of the action. I suppose it's good sometimes - it keeps her sleeping at night. I counted today, and I only have 10 days of maternity leave left (where we won't be traveling - we're going to Colorado next week). It's sad. I think I'm going to let all the dishes and house stuff go so there's more time for snuggling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio