Friday, May 1, 2009

kudos


I have to say my insurance provider through work (Dakotacare) has been FANTASTIC through the baby stuff. I was just going through my claims on their site, all of which have been processed from labor and delivery. We're paying peanuts of the total cost (which is OUTRAGEOUS, but that's a topic for another day). And I don't even think my premiums are that high each month. And their customer service is great, to boot - every time I've used their email help, I've received a response within 24 hours.

Also, I had supplementary disability and sickness policies through Aflac. These paid part of my salary for maternity leave and a lump sum based on hospital confinement, surgery, etc. I had a check within a couple of weeks, and I only had to fax one form.

Now, I'm all for universal, government-sponsored health care - I mean, how can a basic democratic right be effectively privatized? It's like having privatized law enforcement. BUT, that being said, I don't mind paying in the meantime for good, effective, fair coverage (and I feel like my premiums and deductible are fair). When we go the universal route as a country, and I think we will, I hope the gov will work with the good guys in the industry and help them be a part of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio