Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wedding Fevah

So my little sister Kari is getting married in T-minus 12 days, so we are all abuzz with wedding fever. Ainsley and I went shopping yesterday to get a few things (bachelorette party favors, her flower girl shoes, my double spanx) and craft supplies for the two projects that were delegated to me by my dear, overextended mother. The first project was re-decorating the "love shovel", which Mike and I used to "plant" a tree during our wedding ceremony. (Really, we did, on the grounds of the fish hatchery where we were married. It is there to this day, growing nicely, and actually gets a few blossoms each year now.) Anyway, Kari and Cliff are doing the same at the lodge where their wedding is, so we have passed on the love shovel to them. For the second project I had to make tags for the snack baskets that are going in each of the wedding guest hotel rooms. They were pretty easy actually, I just used one of those big round scrapbooking paper punchers to cut circles out of some pretty paper in different patterns (all green, which is one of the wedding colors). I designed some tags in MS word and printed them on metallic paper and punched those out. Then I glued the tag circle and the paper circle back to back with a piece of ribbon in between. I'm thinking this would be a good technique for gift tags in the future, so I'm glad I sprang for the paper puncher. I have a heart-shaped one we used for our wedding favors, but that's not super useful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio