Thursday, June 23, 2011

nuptials and other things

So the great Tschetter-Creek wedding of 2011 has come and gone, and I think we all made it out alive. It was a lovely last couple of weeks, actually, if a little bit hectic. We managed to fit a branding, a bachelorette party, a Jimmy Buffet-themed rehearsal dinner extravaganza and tons of wedding preparations into the last week and a half and it was crazy, but it ended up being a lot of fun too. I don't even know where to begin, but I'll just say everyone has a good time, and Ainsley didn't disrupt the ceremony too badly as flower girl (she did however, walk behind the preacher and  promptly fall asleep on the grass). I didn't take all that many photos, unfortunately, but I'll post what I have ...



Ainsley and Aunt Kari at the branding. When I say "branding", we didn't actually 
brand my parents' five baby calves. We did de-ball two of the them and give all of them 
shots and ear tags. And by "we" I mean everyone but me, as I was wearing flip flops 
and am also scared of baby cows. Ainsley, however, loved them, and was very 
angry she couldn't help Uncle Cliff with the wrestling-to-the-ground part of things.

Beautiful sister at her beautiful wedding. Also, lots of beer, because that's how we roll. 

Sleepy Ainsley Jane. This was right after the ceremony, Mike carried her into the room where 
the social was and she slept for a solid hour. The line for food went right by these couches, 
so this was quite a hit with the passerby. 

And we got our second wind for the dance. This is a kid who loves to boogie. 
And also eat cupcakes. In fact, this might have been the greatest night of her life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio