Thursday, June 11, 2009

la musica

We watched Baby Mama for the gazillionth time tonight - man, that movie never gets not funny. If I could have dinner with any person, dead or alive, it would definitely be Tina Fey. Anyway, the credits song is that baby song from Dirty Dancing. That song, and a handful of other songs, will always remind me of becoming a mother, of those first couple hectic, hormonal weeks. When I was exhausted and doubting my abilities and deleriously frustrated, there would be these little moments of dancing the baby around the living room to these songs. Those were little moments of light, where I felt just a hint of what you think having a kid is going to feel like before you have one - all cute outfits and nursery colors and joy. Oh, and how naive you are. But as the weeks stretch into months, I feel the tension and the doubt start to wane, and the joy comes more and more. I mean, even though there are trials, like starting daycare, first shots and busy days, there is always more and more joy. And there is always, and always will be, dancing.

Be My Baby - the Ronettes
Tracks of My Tears - Adam Lambert
Poker Face - Lady GaGa
Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
Think About Love - Dolly Parton
Put a Ring on It - Beyonce
1, 2, 3, 4 - Plain White Ts

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio