Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful

So I keep meaning to do that Thanksvember thing on Facebook where you post what you're thankful for each day (because I always need help in the gratitude department). But, alas, it is now the 12th and the catch up seems a little overwhelming, so I'll just put a few things on here each week. 

1) My two beautiful kids. They totally turned my life topsy turvy and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Even on the most exasperating days, I still can't image life without them, not even for a second. It would be flat and colorless. They are my heart and soul, and I hope if I teach them nothing else, they know they are loved to the ends of the universe and back, unconditionally.

2) My husband. As we look at starting our second decade together, I can honestly say I have never loved him more. Each life challenge only serves to reinforce that when we were just young lovestruck pups, I couldn't have made a better decision in picking a life partner and father for my children.

3) Our extended families and friends. When we're at these huge family gatherings, or trekking across some snowbound state for the holidays, or there's a massive response to some silly Facebook picture I posted, all I can think is I hope my kids know how lucky they are to have this network of support. Some people have nobody to turn to in hard times. We have more people than I can even count, who I have no doubt would be there in a blink if we needed help. And I hope they know we would do the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio